Foundation Repair Portland, OR
Don’t Let Foundation Cracks Hurt Your Portland Home
Cracks in your Portland home’s foundation are more than an eyesore; they’re dangerous to your health and safety. Left unchecked, a foundational crack, or even just a small hairline crack, can spread and cause water leaks, mold buildup, and structural damage.
Portland homeowners must watch out for foundation cracks and have them professionally repaired as soon as possible.
Why Do Foundations Crack?
The most common reason foundations crack here in Portland OR is the wet weather. Too much moisture in the soil around your home will either erode or compact the soil which can weaken your foundation, causing shifting. In order to relieve the additional stress, concrete cracks to relieve the pressure buildup. The process is similar to earthquakes caused by the pressure of the plates on the earth’s crust.
Other causes of foundation cracks include:
- The foundation was not poured correctly during construction
- The foundation is compromised while drilling holes for sewer, gas, or electrical lines
- Egress or regular windows will often develop a diagonal crack off one or both lower corners down to the bottom
- Overly hot weather
- Loose soil around the house
- Pressure from roots expanding from trees planted too close to the home
Identifying Foundation Cracks
It’s not uncommon for Portland homes to shift and settle over time. At the same time, it’s important to be aware of common signs that indicate a serious foundation issue.
Be on the lookout for…
- Cracks in your walls, ceiling, or floors– especially where the wall and ceiling meet
- Misaligned doors, windows, or floors
- Sloping or bowing walls
- Water leaking into your home or basement
- Musty, moldy smells in your basement
Notice any foundation warning signs in your home?
Call Rock Solid today at (360) 887-0421
Our Portland Foundation Repair and Prevention Services
Given the amount of rain we get here in Portland, OR, maintaining a solid foundation should be a priority for homeowners.
We recommend inspecting your home on a regular basis for evidence of foundation cracks or damage. Our trained professionals at Rock Solid Waterproofing will inspect the cracks and make repairs to the root of the problem.
Because of Portland’s wet environment, we also encourage preemptive maintenance by sealing and waterproofing your foundation. Our waterproofing process involves a high level of expertise, innovative solutions, and attention to detail.
5-Star Portland, OR Foundation Repair Service
“The cost estimate came in lower than I had originally expected, and the Rock Solid work crew was extremely professional and clean.” — Lisa A.
More Portland, OR Waterproofing Services
In addition to foundation repairs, Rock Solid Waterproofing also provides:
- Basement Waterproofing
- Deck & Patio Waterproofing
- Crawl Space Waterproofing
- Flat/Metal Roof Waterproofing
We’re Here to Help!
Call (360) 887-0421 or Contact Us Online